History of The Foundation

It all started with a generous donation to the Actors’ Equity Association (the union) in 1961. But, the union could not accept a tax-deductible charitable donation. So the Actors’ Equity Foundation was born.  

 

Paul Dullzell, the second Executive Secretary of Actors’ Equity, and then president of the Four A’s, left a generous bequest which was to be used for actors’ welfare.

 

This event was the catalyst for forming the Actors’ Equity Foundation, a separate not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The Foundation could accept his tax deductible bequest, and all others which might come its way in the future, for the benefit of actors and the acting community.

© Actors' Equity Foundation

Designed by Miss Jess Designs

Want to make a difference to The Foundation?

  • Facebook Clean
  • Twitter Clean
  • LinkedIn Clean
  • Instagram - White Circle

Actors' Equity Foundation

165 W. 46th Street

New York, NY 10036

Tel: 212-869-1242

actorsequityfdn@gmail.com

*Union dues are not used to fund the Foundation